MOJO (MOBILE JOURNALISM)
MEDIA CATEGORY : PHOTOGRAPHY
Welcome Young Reporters to the MoJo (Mobile Journalism) Competition!
Unleash your talents in photography using a smartphone or MoJo (Mobile Journalism).
Theme - Changing Nature
Competition closing date - March 6, 2022 (Sunday), 11:59 pm.
In order to participate, you must:
1. Be a primary/secondary Eco-Schools Perak student.
2. Have (access to) a smartphone.
3. Have followed 'YRE Malaysia' and Eco-Schools Perak' Instagram page.
How to join:
1. Identify the environmental issues (negative)/phenomena (positive) happening near you (eg. home, school or community). For example, garbage disposal in drains (negative)/no use of plastic at home (positive).
2. Take a picture of the issue/phenomenon using a smartphone. Minimal photo editing activities using the application are allowed.
3. Write a 'caption' for your photo work. No more than 20 words.
Example: Throwing Wastes into the Drains Disturbs Public (7 words)
4. Give a clear description of the work of photographs of environmental issues/phenomena by comparing the current situation with the previous situation. No more than 100 words.
Example: Warung NK is a famous place to eat in Ipoh. Known for its variety of food and beverages, this place is frequently visited by many. However, since the pandemic began in 2020, throwing of wastes into the drain has become increasingly rampant until nearby drains become clogged. As depicted in the picture, a lot of the garbage consists of food and beverage containers. People need to be aware that the reckless dumping of garbage has a negative impact on the environment. In addition, it also disturbs the peace of others because clogged drains cause extreme odour pollution. (97 words)
5. Fill out the MoJo Competition Google Form. Click here.
6. Upload your photo work and click 'Submit'.
What are you waiting for? Enter now for a chance to win cool prizes!